Quick Guide to Ithaca
Ithaca is located in the Finger Lakes region of upstate NY, about halfway between NYC and Niagara Falls. With a thriving college town scene, good eats, and great hiking, Ithaca is not just a stopover point but also a destination itself.
Sitting on the shores of Cayuga Lake, the natural beauty of Ithaca is one of its biggest draws. The town is surrounded by dense forests, towering waterfalls, and many gorges. Of course, hiking trails are in abundance throughout the area. There's also a handful of amazing international restaurants downtown. Festivals and concerts are ongoing throughout the warmer months. And of course, there's Cornell University, home to more than 20,000 students.
Points of Interest
- [4.0 miles from bus stop]: Robert S Treman State Park is the largest state park in the area with 12 stunning waterfalls and a very popular swimming hole during the summer months.
- [10.0 miles from bus stop]: Taughannock Falls State Park is a short drive north and has a dramatic 215 foot waterfall, several hiking trails, and canoe rentals on the lake.
- [0.2 miles from bus stop] Just a Taste Tired out from hiking? Refuel at this tapas bistro-style restaurant that gets rave reviews for its small, flavorful dishes that pack a punch.
- [0.7 miles from bus stop] Cornell University No Ithaca visit is complete without a stop at Cornell. With historic buildings, lake views, and an abundance of open spaces, this is one of the beautiful campuses in the country.
- [1.3 miles from bus stop] Herbert F Johnson Museum of Art There's over 30,000 works of art at this Cornell museum from impressionist to contemporary.
Pick Up And Drop Off Locations
NYC to Ithaca
When travelling by bus from NYC to Ithaca, you will depart from 625 8th Avenue, New York.
The bus stop at Ithaca is located at 131 Green Street, Downtown Ithaca.
The precise location and time of your departure with be available to you once you make your reservation on the OurBus App.
How long does the bus take from NY to Ithaca?
The bus journey from NYC to Ithaca takes 4 hours and 25 minutes.
When does the bus leave from NYC to Ithaca?
The bus leaves NYC at 10:00 a.m. and arrives in Ithaca at 2:25 p.m.
The departure times and ETA are available on Ourbus.com or the OurBus Commuter App.
I would like to alter my ticket from NYC to Ithaca to an earlier or later date.
What do I do with my original ticket?
Tickets cannot be modified, we request you to purchase a new ticket to Ithaka for your desired departure date and time, to ensure that your seat on the bus is reserved. Thereafter, please e-mail us a copy of your original and new ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can cancel your old ticket for a full refund. Please allow 3-5 days for the refund.