Quick Guide to Washington DC
The capital of the U.S. is situated on the banks of the Potomac River and borders the states of Maryland and Virginia. It is known for its imposing and impressive neoclassical buildings, including the Capitol, The White House, and Supreme Court. It has many museums and centers for the performing arts, including the famous Kennedy Center.
While in Washington DC, be sure to check out the many museums scattered throughout the area including the Smitshonian Air and Space Museu, Smithsonian Museum of American History, Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, the International Spy Museum, and Postal Museum.
For those that enjoy shopping, take a stroll over to the Georgetown area, with many high-end shops and restaurants. From there, head across the Key Bridge into Rosslyn and Arlington where you can have perfect viewing of planes landing at Washington Reagan Airport
Points of Interest
- The Old Post Office Tower (free) at the Trump International Hotel Washington DC in the East End is the best view in the city. Operational hours are 9AM-4:30PM, daily.
- Kennedy Center Rooftop Terrace (free), in the West End, provides a nice skyline somewhat removed from the city, with the Lincoln Memorial prominent in the foreground.
- Washington Monument (free), on the National Mall, though as a vista point its small, bunker-like ports covered with scratched plastic make it less inspiring than might be expected.
- Newseum ($25 tax), in the East End, is a good place to see a remarkable museum and get a close-up view of downtown.
- Georgetown University is arguably the best academic program period for those looking to cozy up to the Washington elite and/or launch a public career.
When does the bus leave from Blacksburg to Washington DC?
The exact departure times and ETA are available on our website and by live tracking the bus once you purchase a ticket.
I would like to alter my ticket to an earlier or later date. What do I do with my original ticket?
If your scheduled departure is more than 30 minutes away, you can simply cancel your original ticket on our website/app and transfer the money as stored credit to OurBus Wallet. This credit will reflect in your Wallet immediately and you can use this to book another ticket on our website or app. You'll need to pay the difference in fare, if any, for a new reservation. Within 30 minutes to departure, please contact our customer service team for assistance.