Quick Guide to Ithaca
Ithaca is located in the Finger Lakes region of upstate NY, about halfway between NYC and Niagara Falls. With a thriving college town scene, good eats, and great hiking, Ithaca is not just a stopover point but also a destination itself.
Sitting on the shores of Cayuga Lake, the natural beauty of Ithaca is one of its biggest draws. The town is surrounded by dense forests, towering waterfalls, and many gorges. Of course, hiking trails are in abundance throughout the area. There's also a handful of amazing international restaurants downtown. Festivals and concerts are ongoing throughout the warmer months. And of course, there's Cornell University, home to more than 20,000 students.
This special OurBus route will also run between Albany and Boston for Syracuse and Cornell students.
Points of Interest
- [4.0 miles from bus stop]: Robert S Treman State Park is the largest state park in the area with 12 stunning waterfalls and a very popular swimming hole during the summer months.
- [10.0 miles from bus stop]: Taughannock Falls State Park is a short drive north and has a dramatic 215 foot waterfall, several hiking trails, and canoe rentals on the lake.
- [0.2 miles from bus stop] Just a Taste Tired out from hiking? Refuel at this tapas bistro-style restaurant that gets rave reviews for its small, flavorful dishes that pack a punch.
- [0.7 miles from bus stop] Cornell University No Ithaca visit is complete without a stop at Cornell. With historic buildings, lake views, and an abundance of open spaces, this is one of the beautiful campuses in the country.
- [1.3 miles from bus stop] Herbert F Johnson Museum of Art There's over 30,000 works of art at this Cornell museum from impressionist to contemporary.
Pick Up And Drop Off Locations
Ithaca to Boston
When travelling by bus from Ithaca, you will depart from 240 West Avenue.
The bus stop at Boston is located at 39 Dalton St, Boston, MA 02199 Dalton and Belvidere Streets (In front of Sheraton Hotel).
The precise location and time of your departure with be available to you once you make your reservation on the OurBus App.
How long does the bus take from Ithaca to Boston?
The bus journey from NYC to Ithaca takes 4 hours and 25 minutes.
What is the distance between Ithaca and Boston?
The distance between Ithaca, NY and Boston,MA is 332 miles.
When does the bus leave from Ithaca to Boston?
The bus leaves NYC at 10:00 a.m. and arrives in Ithaca at 2:25 p.m.
The departure times and ETA are available on Ourbus.com or the OurBus Commuter App.
I would like to alter my ticket from Ithaca to Boston to an earlier or later time or date. What do I do with my original ticket?
If your scheduled departure is more than 30 minutes away, you can simply cancel your original ticket on our website/app and transfer the money as stored credit to OurBus Wallet. This credit will reflect in your Wallet immediately and you can use this to book another ticket on our website/app. You?ll need to pay the difference in fare, if any, for a new reservation.
Within 30 minutes to departure, please contact our customer service team for assistance.