Quick Guide to Newark, NJ
New Jersey’s largest and second most diverse city, Newark is one of U.S.’s biggest rail, air and shipping hubs. Situated at the mouth of the Passaic River, it is one of America’s oldest European cities. The city has something for everyone- parks, museums, a center for performing arts, and cultural festivals that take place at different times of the year.
Newark is very convenient for getting into New York City, and is a jumping off point for popular destinations in New Jersey, such as Cape May, Trenton or the Jersey Shore/Wildwood. Several big name companies have their headquarters in Newark, such as including Prudential, PSEG, Panasonic Corporation of North America, Audible.com, IDT Corporation, and Manischewitz.
Newark is also home to a satellite campus of Rutgers University and Seton Hall University
Points of Interest
- Riverfront Park Raymond Boulevard. Outdoor adventurers can take a stroll along Newark’s Riverfront Park; the vibrant orange walkway offers fantastic views of the Passaic River. Summertime, stretch for outdoor yoga, see a movie under the stars, catch a boat tour or rent a kayak and explore more.
- Newark Museum, 49 Washington Street. New Jersey’s largest museum is one of the most influential museums in the U.S. Bringing together art and science, the museum allows for an educational and inspirational journey through 80 galleries of world-class collections including American, Asian, African and Classical. The museum boasts the largest collection of Tibetan art in the western hemisphere, the 1885 National Register Ballantine House, and one of the leading collections of American Modernism in the country.
- Military Park, Broad St. & Park Place. Military Park is home to some of New Jersey's most famous monuments and historical points of interest. The triangular, six-acre city park was designed by Frederick Law Olmstead, who also planned Central Park. It served as a training ground for soldiers and became an encampment during George Washington's retreat from British forces across New Jersey in 1767. It was also the location of Thomas Edison's first us of electric lights in a public space.
- Branch Brook Park, Bloomfield Ave. & Lake St. Branch Brook Park is an American treasure! Named to the 2013 Great Places in America list by The American Planning Association, the park features the largest collection of cherry blossoms in the nation. With over 4,300 cherry trees...that's 600 more than Washington DC, but who's counting.
- Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart 89 Ridge Street. A magnificent French Gothic cathedral resembling the great cathedral at Rheims, France, its construction was first proposed in 1896. Its towers soar 323 feet, and the cathedral covers some 45,000 square feet.
Ironbound East Ward. Foodies and restaurant aficionados from around the world have come to recognize the Ironbound as a top dining destination. There are more than 170 restaurants in the district, where visitors can explore the cuisines of Portugal, Spain and Brazil. You’ll find old world charm, fine dining, value eateries, barbecue, tapas, cafes, bakeries and lounges. Things heat up in Ironbound once the sun sets. Dancing happens all night long.
Pick Up And Drop Off Locations
Tysons, VA to Newark, NJ
Pickup in Tysons, VA is at 1824 Dolley Madison Blvd, Tysons, VA
Dolley Madison Blvd in front of McLean Metro Station (No long term parking)
Dropoff in Newark, NJ at Raymond Plaza East, between Ferry St. and Edison Pl
Adjacent to Newark Penn Station
When does the bus leave from Tysons to Newark, NJ?
The exact departure times and ETA are available on our website and by live tracking the bus once you purchase a ticket.
I would like to alter my ticket to an earlier or later date. What do I do with my original ticket?
If your scheduled departure is more than 30 minutes away, you can simply cancel your original ticket on our website/app and transfer the money as stored credit to OurBus Wallet. This credit will reflect in your Wallet immediately and you can use this to book another ticket on our website or app. You'll need to pay the difference in fare, if any, for a new reservation. Within 30 minutes to departure, please contact our customer service team for assistance.